ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Industry News / Opinions A380 routes to SFO

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Hari Mellachuruvu, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Just curious, wondering why some airlines like Korean, Asiana, and Qantas don't bring the A380 to SFO? In regards to Korean and Asiana, SFO has a greater number of passengers flying to Seoul in comparison to other cities that have the Korean/Asiana A380s like Paris, Frankfurt, New York and even London. Qantas currently flies the A380 to Dallas, even though SFO has a greater demand for the Sydney route, including a very high passenger growth rate.

Do you have any insight as to why this might be the case?

2. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

I'm guessing airlines have their own metrics to forecast traffic on a route and assign assets accordingly. Remember that it's not just point to point traffic that counts. DFW is the hub for AA, a Qantas partner that can carry passengers to multiple points within the USA.

Woodrow and rickyw like this.
  3. MidSouth Skier

MidSouth Skier Well-Known Member

I agree with @Gaurav. If you live anywhere east of the Mississippi (and even slightly further west) it's much easier to get to DFW than to the west coast. Lots of us in mid-sized cities have to connect to go west but have a non-stop to Dallas.

Woodrow likes this.