ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Credit Cards AA Aviator Card by Barclays

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Rob in Miami, May 19, 2017.

1. Rob in Miami

Rob in Miami Member

Hello. I have the Aviator Card, Red. I quickly made the sign-up bonus miles for the 40K miles on AA. Now, I continue to use my CitiCard Executive card to garner the 10K EQMs once I pass the 40K spend threshold (normally happens in October or so).
    My question is: the Aviator Card, silver (?) the one that gives you EQDs..... or EQMs...... how does one get to apply for that card? or does Aviator contact you.
    I ask because the silver (?) card is not easy to apply for.

2. David W

David W Well-Known Member

I think you can call them and tell them you want to upgrade to the Silver.

Rob in Miami likes this.
  3. Rob in Miami

Rob in Miami Member

Gee. That was easy. Glad I asked. Thanks

4. David W

David W Well-Known Member

You're welcome! :)

There are limits though:

...at most you can earn $6,000 EQDs by spending $50,000 on the AAdvantage Aviator Silver MasterCard.
    • A member can earn at most $6,000 EQDs per year; in other words, you can’t spend $25,000 on the Aviator Red and $50,000 on the Aviator Silver to earn $9,000 EQDs

Rob in Miami likes this.
  5. MidSouth Skier

MidSouth Skier Well-Known Member

And if your Barclays Red card was transitioned over from the US Airways card that earns 10K bonus miles every year you'll lose those so that might be a factor.

Rob in Miami likes this.