ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

AA Award Booking

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by DSENT, Sep 28, 2018.

1. DSENT

DSENT New Member

If I book an Economy award on AA now will I be able to cancel and book a business class award if availability opens up closer to departure? If so, does it have to be for the same flight or can they be completely different flights? What if the original award was booked on a partner airline through AA?

2. MidSouth Skier

MidSouth Skier Well-Known Member

As long as your origin and destination remain the same AA will let you change your award flight for just the difference in mileage plus applicable taxes. If you're not an elite member and have to make a change close-in to your departure date I believe there's also a close-in booking fee that applies.

Rob in Miami and rickyw like this.