ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Award Redemption AA award on CX

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Rhoman, Aug 29, 2018.

1. Rhoman

Rhoman New Member

Good morning I am helping my parents book some Business class award flights for CX with AA miles. I know how to search and book the awards. They were looking for EWR to HAN. Unfortunately, there is limited availability for the dates they are looking. I know you can route through other cities like JFK, SFO, LAX, ETC with CX/AA. If I am able to find availability say out of SFO, would they be able to get an award flight from EWR to SFO under the same award ticket. I would assume so but I just want to confirm. Thanks in advance!

2. David W

David W Well-Known Member

If there is saver space on one of AA's flights (or Alaska Airlines, since they partner with AA as well) then you can add it to the ticket at no additional miles.

Using Alaska's website to find saver AA space and AA's site to find Alaska saver space is best since it'll take out all the non-saver award availability.

Rob in Miami likes this.