ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

AA companion ticket

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by JmK, Apr 12, 2018.

1. JmK

JmK Reader

If you book a companion ticket on the same itinerary, will one person be able to change their flight coming back? Trying to use our AA companion ticket and finding it difficult to avoid the restriction day on the return. If I book a roundtrip for two on the following day and then later change the return and pay the fee to a day that's restricted on the companion ticket, will I be able to do that?

2. Tiffany

Tiffany One Mile At A Time

Hey JmK -- "AA" stands for "American Airlines", did you mean Alaska Airlines (AS)?

If so, Alaska doesn't black out dates on companion fares, but both people need to be on the same itinerary, and you can't split the records later.