ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Credit Cards Advice...am I doing this right?

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by BizTravellerNC, Aug 10, 2017 at 10:40 AM.

1. Here's my situation... I will be doing a lot of business travel over the next 1-2 years, mainly repeated trips to the same location (~once per month US > France). I expense everything myself because my company does not issue corporate credit cards so I figured this is a good opportunity to rack up miles/points. I was hesitant to go all-in on a high annual fee premium card because I don't think my travel situation will last beyond 1-2 years, but I did open a CSP card. I will mostly fly Delta, but I now noticed that Chase points do not transfer to Delta? Would I be better off with other cards such as AMEX platinum or a Delta card? Some sort of status or lounge access with Delta would be nice, but OTOH as this site points out, airline miles are more limited and not as valuable, and I do like the flexibility of the CSP.

2. rickyw

rickyw Active Member

Does your company pay for economy or business travel?

I'd definitely lean towards the AMEX Platinum. You'll earn 5X points for all airfare, and you'll get Delta SkyClub access. There are also often many AMEX offers where you can potentially earn bonus points and/or credits back on hotels, which you may be able to take advantage of too.

Here's an AMEX Offer example:
    http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.com/2017/08/07/amex-offers-delta-discount/