ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

AF la Premiere booking through Orbitz

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Steve Binkley, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Steve Binkley

Steve Binkley New Member

I booked three AF La Premiere tickets on Orbitz on December 19 when first class tickets from LAX to London were approximately $1500. My tickets have not been canceled. I can still pull up the reservation on the Air France website using the ticket numbers. I have called Orbitz twice to confirm that this booking is still active and legit. They have confirmed that it is. I have also requested email confirmation from air France and they Have sent me email confirmation. I will keep these emails as documentation. The only concern I have is that the seat assignments have not been made. On the Air France website it states that seat assignment will be done at check-in. The tickets are booked into the F fare bucket. Am I safe to go ahead and book positioning flights and hotels in England? Travel is not until June. I am concerned that I will show up for the flight and get denied boarding even though these tickets will have been in place for close to seven months. I also do not want to get stuck with nonrefundable hotel arrangements in England. I did purchase the travel protection plan through Orbitz but when reading the fine print of the agreement it does not say anything if the airline denies us boarding, what is any remedy is available. Any advice on what I should do from here? If my family shows up to get on the flight leaving LAX and Air France denies us boarding, do we have any recourse?

2. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

I think you've done pretty much everything that you can do for now. I'm not sure if you can force your way on to the plane if they deny you boarding but I would think that is low probability situation. I would start to make other plans at this point. Remember that if the airline cancels the tickets, they are responsible for non-refundable costs associated with your trip. This hasn't really been explored much but it's certainly something you can pursue.

Tiffany likes this.
  3. Steve Binkley

Steve Binkley New Member

Thank you for the reply, Guarav. I will go ahead and book the positioning flights and some of the hotels now. I called Orbitz again and they have informed me there would be no cause for AF to deny us boarding. However, I am well aware they could deny us if they wanted and then put the onus on us to file claims for reimbursement, etc. This trip is a Bucket list trip for my wife and last thing I want is for it to implode at the gate in LAX.

4. rickyw

rickyw Well-Known Member

Agree that you've probably done all you can at this point.

I would recommend keeping all communication to email at this point. You'll want to be able to have documentation on anything should issues arise, and unfortunately phone calls can't do that.

Tiffany likes this.
  5. Steve Binkley

Steve Binkley New Member

Thank you Rickyw. good advice. Will do.

6. Steve Binkley

Steve Binkley New Member

I am wondering how many others still have valid tickets? I don't want to bring attention to myself, but I gotta think I am not the only one in this situation.

7. rickyw

rickyw Well-Known Member

Gaurav and Gia like this.
  8. Steve Binkley

Steve Binkley New Member

@rickyw thank you for the link. I posted there and will follow. Appreciate all the help.

9. rickyw

rickyw Well-Known Member

10. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

Although downthread in that link he mentions Orbitz has started to cancel some reservations, so definitely keep an eye on yours! Fingers crossed it works for you.

Tiffany, Gia and rickyw like this.
  11. rickyw

rickyw Well-Known Member

Good call Guarav. Guilty of just reading the headline on that thread lol

Hey congrats on 4,000 posts! :cool:

Tiffany and Gaurav like this.