ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

AirBerlin Compensation Under EC261/2004 problems for a Canadian

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by ScottCanada, Jan 4, 2018.

1. ScottCanada

ScottCanada Reader

Does anyone knows the contact information of their liquidator company. Must I sue them in court to get my money back? Can contacting the liquidator be a solution instead? My flight delay of 24 hours and denied boarding happened on 7 January 2016, almost two years ago. Is there a time limit in my case that I should be aware of? I was travelling with my wife and two kids from Helsinki to Berlin.So, I have a claim for 4 passengers.I had to buy another ticket and stay the night at hotel in Helsinki. They did not refund the ticket price, hotel accommodation, transportation or any telephone calls or food under care for EC261/2004. Another problem is that I am a Canadian. Can I sue Airberlin in an EU court such as EU small claims court?Should I sue in Helsinki or Berlin? Any address information where claim can be served on Airberlin? I am emailing them since 14 January 2016 and made several calls. No response to emails and over the phone, they say email us and we shall contact you to inform you. The email addresses I used were kundenservice@airberlin.com and customer@airberlin.com and service-center@airberlin.com If someone has a suggestion or information, please inform. Thanks.

2. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

Scott, that's pretty awful. I would contact a lawyer or one of the companies that specialize in these cases in Europe. You're likely to get better information there. Good luck.

No Name likes this.
  3. rickyw

rickyw Well-Known Member

No Name likes this.