ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Award Redemption Al Maha Rewards reservation changed from points to AED?

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Allan D, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Allan D

Allan D New Member

Hi,
    So I booked 2 nights at the Al Maha resort for 120 000 points a few months ago for a stay next year and I just recently checked and my confirmation number changed and also it shows the rate in cash(AED) not how many Points I redeemed like my other points redemptions. Is this normal??? maybe a SPG merger thing? I don't want to be charged thousands of dollars.

Allan

2. rickyw

rickyw Well-Known Member

3. Allan D

Allan D New Member

Oh man, I called Marriott, but they couldn't get a hold of the hotel to see why they changed my confirmation. I then emailed marriott after to get an answer when they are open for regular hours. we shall see.