ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

American Award Availability with Alaska

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Stephen1, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Stephen1

Stephen1 Reader

Hi. Could someone reach out to Alaska and ask them regarding them not seeing American business class availability on international flight? I searched on aa.com for MIA-GRU in mid to late November and there is plenty of business class availability on various days. However Alaska see nothing. Is this normal? Thank you

2. Tiffany

Tiffany One Mile At A Time

Hi Stephen!

Alaska can only book "saver" award inventory on American, so that might be the problem. I only see a couple of days where American is showing saver space on that route, and Alaska inventory seems to match:

Screen Shot 2018-10-03 at 8.44.35 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-03 at 8.45.14 AM.png

Is there a specific date you're looking at that doesn't match up?

3. Stefanoo

Stefanoo New Member

Hi. Yes I was looking at November 14th. American shows availability on AA2550 and AA963 yet on Alaska it shows only a "mixed cabin itinerary" with AA963 being in coach. That is showing for me on every date available that week and the next.

4. Tiffany

Tiffany One Mile At A Time

5. Stefanoo

Stefanoo New Member

Thanks. Very helpful as always