ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

American standby BA stock

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by PDP, Nov 6, 2018.

1. PDP

PDP Reader

Can I standby as an Exec Plat for an earlier non-stop AA flight if my ticket stock is BA? Seems crazy that I can’t. I think on United this is a non-issue as a 1K. But maybe I’m wrong.

2. David W

David W Well-Known Member

It's...unclear? AA says that they require the ticketed to be marketed and operated by AA. https://www.aa.com/i18n/plan-travel/extras/same-day-travel.jsp

Clearly, your flight is operated by AA. I think "marketed by" means that it needs an AA flight number on your ticket, rather than a BA codeshare flight number.

So, a BA codeshare flight number for an AA flight definitely wont (or shouldnt, based on the terms) work for same day standby. BA issued ticket for an AA flight number is....maybe?

Gia likes this.