ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Credit Cards Amex Surpass Ascend Converson

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Hepworth, Dec 9, 2017.

1. Hepworth

Hepworth Reader

Got email from Amex that my HH Surpass will be converted to the new Ascend product. My understanding is I will still be eligible for a sign up bonus on the Ascend card because I will not have ever received one for that product (though I could have to cancel the converted card and reapply, or at a minimum reapply for the second). Is this correct, and is there any reason I should cancel the Surpass before the conversion? I got in on the free night on one year anniversary offer, so would prefer to keep it (though not at the expense of a later sign up bonus on the Ascend).

2. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

My understanding is that AmEx terms exclude you if you have held the card, not just received the bonus. You'd have to decide if you value the free night more or the sign up bonus on the ascend.