ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Anyone planning to fly Odyssey Airlines?

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Georgio, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Georgio

Georgio New Member

Hi.

I was wonderung if anyone is interested in flying Odyssey Airlines. They're a startup with 10 CS100's ordered and wanna fly LCY-JFK non-stop with an all-business class config with Thompson Vantage seats. They are supposed to launch this year, but with the delays in CSeries deliveries I'm not so sure about that. It would be pretty interesting to see a review of this airline, since it probably won't stick around (even though I want it to).

2. David W

David W Well-Known Member

I'm kind of skeptical about this. NYC-LON is already served by D7,VS,BA,AA,DL, and UA with multiple frequencies. Additionally, BA already serves the LCY-JFK route with an A319 in an all-business configuration. Furthemore, BA reduced the frequency of this particular route last September, from 11x to 6x a week.

OpenSkies operate business only flights on the NY-LON market for a while before being bought by BA and basically merged into BA. OpenSkies flights now have business, premium and economy seats. La Compagnie is also did this, out of Newark but couldnt make it work and now only flies EWR-ORY.

Basically, I dont see how Odyssey would be able to compete. The CS100 is also a narrower cabin than the A318 that BA uses and has a shorter range. BA's flight already makes a stop in Shannon and of the CS100 were to operate the flight, it'd have to do the same.

3. Georgio

Georgio New Member

I'm skeptical too. But the CS100 can make the trip. BBD said its LCY rang is 4300km. The route is 5500km. With about 1/3 of the seats it should easily make it. And the Vantage is appealing. If they price it right they can succeed. At least in load factors.

My question is where are they gonna.put the other 8 or 9 planes. They have 10 on order, and even if they were the only in the market demand for NYC-LON isn't that high. Unless they wanna fly to Sde Dov.