ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Award Redemption AsiaMiles Award Help

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Haradasun, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Haradasun

Haradasun New Member

Hello AskLucky

Complete novice poster. Wonder if anyone could help with some questions on asia miles oneworld multi-carrier award:
    1) are surface sectors included in total mileage, i.e. if within my itinerary, I had LAX-JFK, then GIG-ZRH, would the distance between JFK & GIG be included in my total mileage to calculate my oneworld award zone?
    2) using the above example, would the JFK-GIG surface sector be considered 1 or 2 stopovers?
    3) can I the ultimate destination on my ticket be in a different country to the original origin?

Appreciate any help on this. I can't get clarity from asiamiles terms & conditions on these questions.