ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

BA / Avios / TT Cert / OJ / Stop-over Limits?

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by SAU3, Feb 5, 2018.

1. SAU3

SAU3 Reader

Hi, I use BA TT certs to book travel for my family every summer. This time around (NYC-ATHENS), I have to use a phone agent because there's no avail for the 2nd part of the outbound stopover. So I have to book an open jaw NYC-LDN, then returning ATH-LDN-NYC. Agent was nice, helpful and all was going well until he said that on a TTC, you cant pass through LDN on more than 2 days on the entire itinerary. Thus, I couldn't stopover in LDN on the way back...I would have to arrive in LDN and depart LDN on the same day....(stopping over in LDN on the return would make 3 total days passing through LDN). I couldn't find documentation for this anywhere on line. Have you seen this before? Is it for real? Thank you for this and all the great information you keep providing, Seth

2. Tiffany

Tiffany One Mile At A Time

I don't think the three days is the problem.

The itinerary you've outlined has an open-jaw (arriving London, departing Athens), and a stopover (spending time in London on the return). Both stopovers (any connection of more than 24 hours) and open-jaws are allowed, but technically the open-jaws have to be in the same pricing zone, and you can't have a stopover in your destination city. So it's not the number of days in London, as such, but rather the way you've structured the itinerary.

I think that if you had something like NYC>LHR>MLA/IST/JTR // ATH>LHR [stopover] JFK it would price just fine, because all those other cities are in the same pricing zone as Athens, and you wouldn't be trying to have both a destination and stopover in London.

But, you can certainly call again!