ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

BA Avios

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by MargY, Jul 16, 2017.

1. MargY

MargY Reader

I'm travelling from London to Sydney with my partner in October. We have booked flights with BA hoping that we could use his points to upgrade ( he has many points). Is there anyway we can do this?
    Before this flight I am travelling to Australia for work in August on Qantas. Can I upgrade using Avios points?

2. rickyw

rickyw Active Member

3. MidSouth Skier

MidSouth Skier Well-Known Member

For your flight on Qantas, it will depend whether the ticket was booked as a Qantas ticket or booked through BA. If it's booked with a Qantas ticket number I do not believe you'll be able to upgrade with Avios. The link Ricky provided indicates Avios can only be used to upgrade flights on BA, Iberia or American Airlines.