ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

BA hold luggage with basic economy change with car rental

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Dirk, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Dirk

Dirk New Member

Hi Team OMAAT

I've recently made a booking with BA and included a car rental with AVIS on the booking. Normally you do not have hold luggage included if you fly "basic economy". Your benefit of being an executive member seems to give you one free driver but this time there was another benefit as well, 23kg of hold luggage included in the booking per person. Attached is my booking and at the bottom you can see the hold luggage that is included.

I've called them and from what I understood as soon as you include a car rental, it becomes a BA Holiday in which case 23kg per person hold luggage is included as a benefit for an executive member. This is a nice way to work around the extra fees for the hold luggage, as the saving would in my case, cover more than the car rental.

Have you heard about other people with the same experience? I can't seem to find any information on the internet unless it get "drowned out" by the normal BA luggage posts. I have BA gold status, so I don't know if this makes a difference to the benefits I get in this case.

Thank you for a great blog!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
  2. rickyw

rickyw Well-Known Member

Hi Dirk -

I don't have experience with this, so can't help answer your question. I'm sure someone else can.

But, just chiming in that you might want to remove your attachment. While it helps explain your situation, it does have all your booking info (confirmation and reference codes) on there. If you can't remove, maybe Tiffany can help. :)

3. Dirk

Dirk New Member

Thank you Ricky, perhaps I should be more careful with personal info but thought it wa

Thank you for the advice Ricky. I have adjusted the screenshot, it should be safer now ;-)

rickyw likes this.