ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Destinations / Itineraries Best Flight Options to Punta Arenas, Chile

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Calvin, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Calvin

Calvin Reader

Traveling from Austin TX to Punta Arenas, Chile in Oct. Santiago or Buenos Aires are both options to transit through (in either direction).

I want to redeem Ultimate Rewards points - what airline would have the best routing and inflight experience in Business or First?

Thanks,
    Calvin

2. rickyw

rickyw Well-Known Member

Well, I'd pick Santiago to transit through for starters. Buenos Aires would require an extra connection, no airlines fly Buenos Aires to Punta Arenas. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comodoro_Arturo_Merino_Benítez_International_Airport)

With that said, airlines flying to South America tend to not be over-the-top glamorous.

I'd look at Star Alliance options like United and fly on United (lie flat seats, but not direct aisle access) or Avianca (would require an extra connection, not lie flat seats)

You could also look at Korean (has to be booked round-trip), and could fly on Aeromexico (787 with lie flat seats) or Delta (767 with lie flat seats).

Honestly, I'd aim for whatever has available space and a one-stop connection!

MidSouth Skier likes this.