ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Award Redemption Booking award tickets on One world partners

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Bob W, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Bob W

Bob W Reader

Having flown over 4 million miles, I have never booked a flight using a partner airline. How does that work? I live in Moscow and all BA flights go through LHR and I hate paying the ridiculously high fees. How can I for instance book a flight to LAX using Finair? I have AAdvantage miles. Which airline do I book with?

Thanks, Lucky, I really enjoy your blog.

2. rickyw

rickyw Well-Known Member

You would still book with American, if that’s where your mileage is.

Some partner availability though does not show on AA.com website. We’d recommend searching on either BA.com or Qantas.com for what is available. Then, you’d have to call in to American to actually book the ticket.

Hope that makes sense!

Tiffany likes this.