ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Credit Cards Booking with AMEX Platinum Card

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Tahsin, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Tahsin

Tahsin Reader

Hi,

I had a question about booking with AMEX Platinum card which has benefit of earning 5x points when booking directly with airline. Does it also earn 5x points when using it to book flights with "book on google" option which states on the next screen: "You're booking with _____ Airline. Google will securely pass your traveler and payment details to _____ Airline. Once your booking has been confirmed, _____ Airline will handle customer support."
    Does this option earn 5x points as well?

Thanks,
    Tahsin

2. rickyw

rickyw Well-Known Member

Yep - that directs you to the airline's website, which would qualify. Sometimes those direct to Orbitz or other booking sites - those would not qualify.

Tiffany likes this.