ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Elite Status Carrier Changes Alliance After Book Ticket

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Neil Eisner, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Neil Eisner

Neil Eisner Reader

Consider the situation where Qatar Airways may leave OneWorld. Suppose I book a ticket now while QA is still a member, but then they leave. Do I get AA credit based on when I booked the ticket, or will I not get AA credit if QA leaves OW before the date that I fly?

Thanks,
    Neil

2. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

hi Neil, you'll only be able to credit to QR partners at the time of the flight. You will not be able to credit AA if QR leaves OW before your flight. If the flight was AA marketed you might be able to make a case for it but even that might be iffy.

3. OCTinPHL

OCTinPHL Active Member

I would think that if you bought a ticket on AA stock, though the flight is operated by QR, and QR leaves OW before the flight, that if you fly on the AA ticket you can certainly get AA credit. Now QR and AA may work something out where you are reticketed on QR stock... I don't know if airlines ever do that.