ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Chase accounts closed

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Sam1022, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Sam1022

Sam1022 Reader

I acquired a number of chase cards in a short period of time. I also held a couple of their cards from years ago.

Upon acquiring the 4th card in just a couple of months, all of my chase accounts were closed by chase. I had also picked up an Amex and ziti card in this short time.

I requested that they be re-opened. Arguing my reason for the cards was the marketed benefits, and that I have solid credit history, and a high income. After a few days, they reopened my accounts.

I obviously won’t be applying for chase cards for a long time. So my question is this. Could applying for non-chase cards trigger a chase account review and subsequent accounts closures?

2. David W

David W Well-Known Member

No - applying for cards from other banks dont trigger an account review and account closure. Something else must have triggered it. You should find out what it was.