ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Chase Ultimate Rewards transfer to Marriott - poor value?

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Valinda, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Valinda

Valinda New Member

Trying to transfer CUR points to American Airlines. Seems like I could transfer them to Marriott and them from Marriott to American. The value from Marriott to American is a 3 to 1 value but I can't find out what the value of the initial CUR points transfer to Marriott is. Seems like all CUR transfer partners are at a 1 to 1 ratio but this is a steep devaluation when transferring to Marriott. Is this correct? Thanks

2. MidSouth Skier

MidSouth Skier Well-Known Member

Welcome @Valinda - you are correct, that's a steep devaluation since URs transfer to Marriott at 1:1. Basically your URs end up being worth 1/3rd of an AA mile. Ben currently values URs at 1.7 cents each and Marriott points at 0.8 cents so that's not a transfer I'd make under most circumstances.

Valinda and Tiffany like this.
  3. David W

David W Well-Known Member

Youre probably better off transferring to BA and booking an award on AA instead.

Valinda likes this.