ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Credit Cards Citi AA card downgrade?

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by raksiam, Mar 8, 2018.

1. raksiam

raksiam New Member

I currently have the Citi AA platinum card that I never use. I also have the Barclay AA Aviator Red card which I received when it converted from the old US mastercard. One of the great things about the Barclay card is that I still get the 10000 AA point anniversary bonus which is well worth the annual fee.

So, rather than paying the annual fee for the Citi card that I don't use and which has benefits already covered by the Barclay card, I am planning to call Citi to cancel that card. Do you know if they will downgrade me to one of their no annual fee cards if I ask them to? I see that there are a few including the Double Cash card and the Thank You Preferred card. I already have a bunch of other cards that I mainly use including the CSR and Amex Everyday Preferred which are my most-used cards.

2. MidSouth Skier

MidSouth Skier Well-Known Member

I don't know for sure but it's definitely worth asking.