ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Credit Cards Citi Hitlon Honors transfer

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by GBOAC, Nov 16, 2017.

1. GBOAC

GBOAC Member

Now that I have been informed by both Citi and Amex that my Citi Hilton Honors card will be converted to an AMEX Hilton Honors card -- not news to this group -- I'm trying to decide the best course of action since I already possess a AMEX Hilton Surpass card.
    I contacted CIti to see whether I covert convert the card to another CIti product but was informed I would need to formally apply. No way. So my thought is to let them transfer the card and keep it active although I have no intention of using it. The reason is to keep that card contributing to my credit history.
    My question to the cognesiti in this forum is: Is this the best strategy or should I being doing something else?

Thanks
    GBOAC

2. MidSouth Skier

MidSouth Skier Well-Known Member

Maybe do that and then after awhile downgrade to the free HH Amex?

3. GBOAC

GBOAC Member

Actually I'm very happy to keep the Amex Hilton surpass card as it comes with Gold status (free breakfasts, lounge access, and upgrades) which should easily be worth the annual fee.

4. MidSouth Skier

MidSouth Skier Well-Known Member

I meant let them convert the Citi to Amex. Then you'd have both an Ascend and a Surpass. Downgrade one of those to the free HH since you'd basically have duplicate cards at that point.

5. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

6. GBOAC

GBOAC Member