ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Award Redemption CONSOLIDATED: Questions on booking Etihad First and Business with AA miles

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Kathy, Nov 18, 2015.

1. David W

David W Well-Known Member

Are you sure youre not looking at a cash ticket instead of an award?

2. JRV1

JRV1 New Member

Yeah, I'm positive. If I could find a RT JFK - MLE in the apartments for 2k for 2 people for a cash ticket I'd book it right now! That's why I'm a bit confused especially with the $1165 when adding in the MLE segments using Guest First miles.

3. Tiffany

Tiffany One Mile At A Time

@JRV1 -- Etihad charges high fees and surcharges that vary based on origin and destination. They are not at all related to what AA charges (other than both paying the same airport taxes).

Gaurav likes this.
  4. Rakibul Islam

Rakibul Islam New Member

Hey all,

Just booked a couple AAdvantage tickets for Etihad First/Apartment SIN-AUH and AUH-JFK (staying in AUH for a couple days). Anyone know if you're able to choose your seats in advance? AA desk says they can't, and Etihad says to contact the third party I booked with. I'm traveling with my wife, so I'd like for us to sit next to each other. Thanks!

5. David W

David W Well-Known Member

@Rakibul Islam You should be able to get seats in advance - I've always been able to do so in the same situation. Get the EY confirmation code from AA and then call EY and give them their code and they should be able to select seats for you.

Tiffany likes this.