ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Award Redemption CONSOLIDATED: Questions on booking Etihad First and Business with AA miles

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Kathy, Nov 18, 2015.

1. T.A.

T.A. New Member

Hope someone can clarify this for me -
    Using AA miles I would like to book an award flight on Etihad in F from Johannesburg to the US via Abu Dhabi.
    I am confused whether this route can be done as one award or two separate awards? AA award chart shows 120,000 miles from Africa to the US in F. Would this routing qualify?
    Also - to slightly complicate things - Etihad does not have F cabin on JNB-Abu Dhabi leg; so the whole award will be charged as F while one leg will be in J - in this case, would it be better/cheaper to book as 2 separate awards?

2. Tiffany

Tiffany One Mile At A Time