ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Credit Cards Credit rating hit

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Mark in MI, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Mark in MI

Mark in MI New Member

I have had a Citi AAdvantage Gold AmEx card for over 31 years. (My first "points" card.) Earlier this year, I acquired the Citi AAdvantage Platinum MC to grab the 60,000 bonus points and to be able to get the points back bonus when redeeming an award.

My question is this - does anyone have an idea of how much of a hit that I am going to take if I cancel the AA AmEx? My credit score is currently over 800, so I am not overly worried. I'm wondering if I should apply for any cards that I have been thinking about before I cancel the old card.

Thanks.

2. MidSouth Skier

MidSouth Skier Well-Known Member

It'll take a small hit but should rebound pretty quickly. Ben's latest video:

rickyw likes this.