ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Credit Cards Data point: Chase Reserve

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by MMM, Mar 9, 2017.

1. MMM

MMM Member

So by saying ok to moving credit, does that mean they didn't give me any new credit at all for the Reserve? I'm just relying on the credit I moved over, which isn't that much? If so, that's not good for my utilization ratio & seems so little for a premium card.

2. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

Well, how much credit did you move over and what was the CL for your CSR?

3. MMM

MMM Member

Just moved $10k. That's the part I'm not sure about upon reflection. If agent meant that's my total now or if there's more from them on top of that. Just meeting minimum spend alone will put me around 40% utilization for that card if that's the case.

4. David W

David W Well-Known Member

If you had to move 10k and your CSR line is only 10k that might mean you were at your limit with Chase in terns of overall credit limits.

Also, It's only 40% utilization on the card if you're charging it all at once and not paying it off when the bill is due. Keep in mind that credit utilization for your credit score is the ratio of balance against the total of ALL your lines of credit.

5. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

Agreed, I wouldn't worry about it too much as long as you are paying your bills on time. As @David W says you won't charge it all at one time normally and it's across all your cards. Even if you did charge it all at once, it'll bounce back as soon as you pay it off.