ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

DL award quandary? A350 domestic?

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by AJR, Oct 1, 2018.

1. AJR

AJR New Member

Perhaps, I am shooting myself in the foot by posting this bc everyone who reads this will steal my seat but long story short...I am flying DTW-ATL, one -way, noticed the A350 flying on that route, the cash price is crazy but the award price is 15k+$5.60. Given, that DL is my chosen carrier for my AmEx Platinum Biz (-30%) makes this deal so much nicer. After a little research, I noticed that the airplane isn't flown on any other day...so perhaps a repositioning flight? Regardless, I'm thinking about pulling the trigger but I'm not sure if this is a mistake. The award cancellation fee is $150. I don't really want to pay that when my original plan was to sit in the back anyway for $86. What would you do?

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
  2. rickyw

rickyw Well-Known Member

3. AJR

AJR New Member

4. rickyw

rickyw Well-Known Member

Ha! Happy to help :)