ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Elite Status Emirates Skywards

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by EKmiles, Jan 1, 2018.

1. EKmiles

EKmiles Reader

Hello,

I have a question regarding earning miles on Emirates. I have started flying to India from USA 4 times a year on Emirates in J (paid). Currently I am earning Skywards Miles but the only use for those miles appears to be getting upgraded to first class (70,200 DXB-JFK). I am silver. Would I be better of earning those miles on Alaska instead? I reach Delta Gold every year flying domestically and saw that I could get a status match on Alaska Air which would help earning bonus miles. Unfortunately Alaska doesn’t fly from my home city. What would be the best way to earn miles on Emirates for me? There doesn’t seem to be that much use for Skywards Miles. Jet blue also doesn’t fly to my home city. I have a trip coming up in 10 days and am wondering if I should make any changes. I just switched to EK from DL in 2017 for my India trips.

Thanks for you help in advance.

2. rickyw

rickyw Well-Known Member

Welcome EKmiles... what are your goals with your miles? 70,000 miles is a hefty sum... but I'd think it's a good use of miles if you've never experienced Emirates First Class. At least to try it once.

Here are the earning rates for J class on Emirates. Alaska is by the best. With their partners, you have a lot of options for redemptions. Even though Alaska doesn't fly from your home city, their partners probably do. Where is home?

http://www.wheretocredit.com/emirates/j

Gaurav likes this.