ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Etihad no longer providing chauffeur service to Americans?

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by firstworldproblems, Apr 20, 2017.

1. firstworldproblems

firstworldproblems New Member

My Dad just called EY customer service to request chauffeur service on his US to AUH segment in J and the agent stated that they no longer offer the service to Americans. When asked if she meant those who had booked the seat with AA award miles (which was the case here), she said no, she meant all Americans. Apparently a new policy.

Probably worthwhile to call EY again to confirm, but has anyone else been denied chauffeur service because of their US citizenship or because they booked with AA miles?

2. David W

David W Well-Known Member

That's really weird and discriminatory. I'd call again and clarify.

EY is not offering chauffeur service for award tickets booked with AAdvantage miles. If you book with their own EY Guest miles, you are eligible for the service.