ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Europe-Hawaii redemption routing rules

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by uwmike, Apr 12, 2018.

1. uwmike

uwmike Reader

I was wondering if anyone has experience flying between Europe and Hawaii on an award ticket and what programs (other than the distance based ones) might allow a routing via Asia.

It may seem counter-intuitive to fly via Asia instead of North America, but given the jet stream and small difference in distance, it logically makes sense and for myself is preferred due to the early arrival time. The only real decent possibility of doing such a redemption I've found so far is transferring Starpoints to JAL and finding a <10,000 mile distance to redeem for 65,000 Mileage Bank miles.

2. MidSouth Skier

MidSouth Skier Well-Known Member