ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

European airline 737-800 for transvia

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Andree Schacht, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Please find out the policy regarding 737-800 for Transavia. I am previously booked by them on a flight (SFO to Naples, Italy via KLM and then Transavia from AMS to Naples. I am very concerned!
    Thank you for your timely and important information!

2. David W

David W Well-Known Member

Hi Andree

A 737-800 is different from a 737-MAX8. Only the MAX series of 737s are impacted, and given that ALL 737MAX aircraft are grounded, you should be fine.

Daniel B likes this.
  3. Daniel B

Daniel B Active Member

@David W . Sorry to ask for an extra clarification, but are you sure? When yesterday I googled it, it appeared to me those two can be used interchangeably. I hope that you are right because my son has a couple of flights coming up on AA and UA (in fact one is in 2 hours time, and it seems to be operating fine). On the AA website I see that his flights are on "738", and on UA: "737-800". So those are not the MAXes? Many thanks for the clarification.

4. David W

All 737MAX aircraft are grounded, so if the flight was scheduled to be operated by a MAX version, it's either swapped for a non-MAX aircraft or the flight would be cancelled.

UA's -800 designation is definitely not a MAX aircraft. AA's 738 designation is misleading, though I think MAX aircraft are receiving a designation of 7M8

Daniel B likes this.
  5. David W

Also, back in Dec 2018 it looked like most of AA's MAX8 aircraft were based out of MIA, if that helps.

Daniel B likes this.
  6. Daniel B

Daniel B Active Member

Definitely helps! Thanks David!