ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Fast Track immigration for J class at Toronto Airport?

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Rohit Deshpande, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Rohit Deshpande

Hi guys, I have a question.
    In a few days I will be on KLM business class from Amsterdam to Toronto arriving at 340ish. I have a 545 flight on United first from YYZ to ORD on a separate ticket. Does YYZ have any sort of fast track immigration for business class passengers at terminal 3, because otherwise it seems I'll have to clear immigration at YYZ through normal lanes and I don't know how long lines are on a Tuesday afternoon, then take a train to T1, then go through US pre-clearance since my flight is to the US. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. I know it's not good planning on my part to have only 2 hours between arrival and departure on separate tickets with international flights, but I had to be back in LA the same evening so booked the best option I could. Does being in premium cabin for those flights help at all with avoiding any other airport-related lines with immigration, security, etc. Any help greatly appreciated! Haven't been to YYZ since I was very very young so I'm very oblivious to the way things go there. Thanks!!

2. Cal

Cal Member

I'm going by memory here so if I am wrong I hope someone corrects me...

This is very tight and I don't think you will make it.

I dont recall seeing fast track immigration at YYZ. A J ticket will help with security screening but not with US customs and immigration.

If you have Nexus that certainly speeds up the process at both Canadian and US customs/immigration.

I'm sure you have seen this but if not:
    https://www.torontopearson.com/Connecting.aspx#

Questions:
    Do you have Global Entry/Nexus?
    Do you have checked baggage?

You could always engage with a paid concierge service to see if they can help you.

OCTinPHL likes this.
  3. Rohit Deshpande

No checked baggage all carry on, no global entry for another month, and no nexus sorry. I do have pre-check though we are in Canada so that’s not that useful, and if need be I can move fast, very fast I promise that. I believe there is a train that connects the two terminals landslide so with a 1.5 hour buffer where do you think the hold up will be? Immigration? US pre-clearance?

4. Cal

Cal Member

Assuming there are no delays on your inbound flight, taxi-ing or gate delays, Canadian customs and immigration should be alright if you dash off the plane first and there is no line up. US customs/immigration is where I believe would be the greatest delay (security as well depending on the volume)

5. Rohit Deshpande

Just checked the arrivals board because's its just past 4 in YYZ right now and it seems the only intercontinental non AC/non star alliance flights coming in within 30 min before is etihad 77W and aer lingus A330. That's a lot of passengers but we shall see. I'd be happy to dash through the airport if that helps. How far is the walk from getting off the plane to immigrations roughly? Is it a long walk?

6. Cal

Cal Member

Sorry for the delay. I cannot remember how long the walk was. I has been a while since I was in terminal 3.