ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Help on where to park miles

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by KL808, Jan 31, 2019.

1. KL808

KL808 Reader

Was lucky enough to book the AF F class deal last year for $1500 via amex, which was not honored. I received a $1k credit from Delta because of the non honor, thank you very much.

Year later, I found a decent flight to Europe in "Z" for 2 and I used the $1K credit and booked it via Amex. All flights are operated by Air France and KLM but with DL flight numbers. The ticket is also DL stock.

Where to credit website gives me all these options, but am uncertain where I should park the roughly 11,500 miles (before any bonus)

Is this fare considered a "exception fare" under DL rules?

I have no DL miles at all (never fly DL, im a AS and AA kind of guy). It would be great to credit these to VS because it would get me 200%, but it seems, maybe im wrong, that it cant be credited because its not operated by DL.

That leaves me with maybe korean to do a family account (wife is coming along), so can probably be combined?

Any way, I would like to hear some opinions?

Thank you

2. rickyw

rickyw Well-Known Member

I would go with Virgin, Delta or AirFrance, just because you have the option to top off your balance with transferable points. Can't do that easily anymore with Korean

3. MidSouth Skier

MidSouth Skier Well-Known Member

Also think about how you'd use the miles. I don't know the expiration policies of Virgin & Air France but Delta miles never expire so if it's not a FF plan you'll be using often, that might be helpful.