ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Credit Cards Hilton Ascend Amex Targeted Promo

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Brad B, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Brad B

Brad B Active Member

I have the Hilton Ascend card and just received a targeted promo stating that if I spend $1000 by 12/25 I will get 10,000 bonus points (can do it up to two times for a total of 20,000 points). Which is an easy way for me to get 20,000 Hilton points. Wondering if anyone else got a similar promo.

2. MidSouth Skier

MidSouth Skier Well-Known Member

I did not, which is a bummer as I have an upcoming Hilton stay and would love to use it on that. Is it almost time to renew your card and/or do you typically not put any spend on it? I've noticed that often times I get these offers on cards I don't use very much and are about to renew.

3. Brad B

Brad B Active Member

It is a card I have only for Hilton Gold Status and only use it for Hilton stays where I get 12 points per dollar. However, I do plan on using it as it will now give me either, 13, 16, or 22 points per dollar effectively. I don't redeem Hilton points for less than $0.005, so this will be either a 6.5%, 8% or 11% return, which better than my Chase cards with UR (CSR , Freedom, Freedom Unlimited), except for the Freedom bonus categories.

rickyw and MidSouth Skier like this.