ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Hotel Wedding Block

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Liam Joseph, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Liam Joseph

Liam Joseph Reader

I'm getting hitched!!! Anyways, my question is about the room block, is there anyway that I can use my SPG or Marriott number and redeem all the nights/points for my guests at the block. Or do you have any recommendations on how to approach the room block to maximize points.
  2. Tiffany

Tiffany One Mile At A Time

Congrats! You can certainly use points to redeem for up to three rooms with SPG, but I'm not sure if they'd let you redeem for a few dozen.

You can, however, earn more points with SPG just for having the room block. Ask your sales manager about the details, but I believe you earn a chunk of points as the meeting planner (including 50% when the contract is signed), and then guests still earn their own points.