ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Hotels that don’t take cc

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by JohnJ, Jan 31, 2018.

1. JohnJ

JohnJ Reader

There are several very unique hotels near the area in the Caribbean we’re going to that we’d like to stay with that do not take credit cards.
    (Is a French island).
    Two of them only take bank transfers, which I’ve now read is very common anywhere but the US.
    They are individually owned.

The hotels in the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal have quite low ratings on every travel site but are still very pricey, so that’s a huge disappointment!

Is there any way around paying cash, and any way to still get points? Any clever strategies?

Thanks!

2. MidSouth Skier

MidSouth Skier Well-Known Member

I wouldn't trust anywhere that both has low ratings AND doesn't take credit cards. You have no leverage if something goes wrong.

3. Gia

Gia Active Member

I, too, would not do business with a hotel which only takes bank transfers. The transfer fee is high from American Banks.