ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

How do I use my SPG Amex anniversary night?

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Rose1, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Rose1

Rose1 Reader

So... my SPG Business AMEX CC anniversary date was 9/7/18. The annual fee posted, that statement has closed (and been paid), card is still in good standing (and has been for 5+ yrs), etc.

My understanding is that I should now have a free night to use at any hotel up to 35k points. Cool. But... how do I use it? I found an Autograph Collection hotel I wanted to stay at on a date I wanted to stay; it's 35k; I selected it online... and the only option it shows me to pay 35k pts. What's going on? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks muchly for any advice!

2. Rose1

Rose1 Reader

So... my SPG Business AMEX CC anniversary date was 9/7/18. The annual fee posted, that statement has closed (and been paid), card is still in good standing (and has been for 5+ yrs), etc.

My understanding is that I should now have a free night to use at any hotel up to 35k points. Cool. But... how do I use it? I found an Autograph Collection hotel I wanted to stay at on a date I wanted to stay; it's 35k; I selected it online... and the only option it shows me to pay 35k pts. What's going on? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks muchly for any advice!

3. Luis

Luis Active Member

The Free Night Award will be automatically deposited into your loyalty member account within 8-12 weeks after your Card Account anniversary date in the form of an e-certificate. You will receive an email from SPG to the email address listed on your loyalty member account confirming that the Free Night Award e-certificate has been deposited into your loyalty member account. The email will also provide instructions on how to redeem your Free Night Award e-certificate. To redeem the Free Night Award e-certificate, you must log into your loyalty member account and apply the e-certificate during booking. The Free Night Award e-certificate will expire after 1 year from issuance. E-certificates may not be transferred, extended beyond the expiration date, or re-credited for points. To qualify for the Free Night Award, your account must be open and not in default at the time of the Free Night Award e-certificate issuance. Please visit spg.com/cert for a list of participating properties.

4. Carol Cusmano

Carol Cusmano New Member

So i've been with the SPG Amex for many years How do I find my Card Account Anniversary Date so that I can watch for y Free Night Award e certificate As of this date, I have never received an award.

5. MidSouth Skier

MidSouth Skier Well-Known Member

6. pstm91

pstm91 Member

My anniversary date/fee is in April. Am I out of luck and have to wait until next year for the free night cert?