ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Credit Cards Husband and Wife Credit cards.

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Cole, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Cole

Cole Member

So I have a few questions. My wife and I have been focusing on getting credit cards for me, but now we are ready to start getting her into the game as well. Will her being an authorized user on my credit card count towards her 5/24? We bank through Chase and have all account and credit cards on one account for now, when she starts getting Chase cards will we be able to add her credit card accounts to our current account? Any tips for managing a husband and wife credit card team that we may not be thinking of? Thanks in advance.

2. Mongolianhippo

Authorized user cards shouldn't count against 5/24, but if they do you can call the reconsideration line and from everything I've heard, they will remove them from their count.

I think for credit cards, your wife will have to have her own online profile/login for her credit cards from Chase.

Assuming it doesn't create any problems, have one person manage everything payment-related. I manage my wife and I's cards and that works great, but even then I've sometimes forgotten that a chunk will be coming out of the checking account to pay off a credit card, because there's that couple/few days of lag time where Chase shows your payment posted and your bank shows nothing yet, and there's so many cards to keep track of.