ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Hyatt CC Free Nights Expiration Help

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Tyler85, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Tyler85

Tyler85 New Member

I was hoping someone could provide me with a contact at Hyatt to whom I could plead my case. I had two nights scheduled at the Park Hyatt New York for later this month to celebrate a wedding anniversary. The free nights expire in November.

Unfortunately, I sustained a knee injury and had microfracture surgery two weeks ago. Given the nature of the surgery, I cannot walk for six weeks and cannot resume full physical activity for six months at the earliest.

Needless to say, I had to cancel the trip and am unlikely to even be able to travel before the nights expire. I called Hyatt and the rep basically told me I was SOL - the free nights are use it or lose it. I've seen on other sites that if you are a Globalist they may give you miles but I only have status through the card.

I am hoping that Hyatt would be willing to make an exception given the extenuation medical circumstances.

2. MidSouth Skier

MidSouth Skier Well-Known Member

3. Tyler85

Tyler85 New Member

Thank you for this! I found an email address for Chris Hale on the site and sent him an email explaining the situation. Hopefully they're able to bend the rules a bit given the circumstances.