ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Hyatt discrepancies in hotel categories

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by BIndair, Feb 4, 2019.

1. BIndair

BIndair New Member

Hi Lucky,
    Trying to book free night award in the UK, I noticed there are more than a few discrepancies between what's on Hyatts webpage 'Find your Hyatt' and what it says during the actual booking process, and what it shows the Reservations agent when calling in.
    For example, on the 'Find your Hyatt' page it shows the hotel 'Flemings Mayfair' (from SLH collection) as a cat 3 hotel. When trying to book a Free Night Award cat 4 online, it gives an error. When calling in, the agent says it's a cat 6 hotel.
    Another example, the Luton Hoo Golf and Spa shows on the website as a cat 6 hotel, but when calling in the agent says it's a cat 3.
    These discrepancies count for many other hotels in the SLH collection in the UK. I'm not sure if SLH's in other regions are also affected.
    Lucky, what do you make of this?