ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Is it worth buying AA miles with bonus offer

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Aman Dhillon, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Aman Dhillon

Aman Dhillon New Member

Hi,
    I got an email from AA that I can buy upto 150K miles plus upto 115K bonus miles. Is it worth buying with this deal. It looks like 33.89miles/$.
    Please advice.
    Thank you,
    Aman

2. MidSouth Skier

MidSouth Skier Well-Known Member

Ben values AA miles at about 1.5 cents each. You'll need to re-do your math because you are not getting 33.89 miles per dollar :) For my own account I can get 150K + 115K bonus for $4425, which is about 1.67 cents apiece. So it's not a bad price but unless you have an immediate need for the miles, save your money.

3. David W

David W Well-Known Member

Yeah, if you already have a use for the miles, then go for it. Otherwise, it's not a great idea to buy miles to let sit in your account, especially after AA's devaluation last March.

4. Aman Dhillon

Aman Dhillon New Member

Thank you

5. Aman Dhillon

Aman Dhillon New Member

Thank you