ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Credit Cards Is it worth it to get a travel credit card as an international student?

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Heinman, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Heinman

Heinman Reader

I am a frequent long haul flyer, that usually, just go online and look for the cheapest flights I can find. I am a international student that lives in South Africa and studies in the United States. I have flown different airlines every time - Emirates, Delta, United, Lufthansa, British Airways and South African Airways. All of them to and from South Africa. I am looking to save some more on flights. What credit card would be the best fit for me?

Also,
    1) are there any other ways I can save some money on flights?
    2) do airlines offer Black Friday or Cyber Monday deals on international flights?

2. MidSouth Skier

MidSouth Skier Well-Known Member

Do you have a US Social Security Number? It's much easier to get a US credit card if you have one. Also, do you have another credit card or record of payments that might be used to establish a credit history?

Heinman likes this.
  3. Heinman

Heinman New Member

No I do not have a SSN. I however have a Mastercard cheque card and do frequently pay rent.

4. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, you will need a US SSN or TIN to get a US credit card. Some airlines do offer black friday deals but I don't think there is a consistent pattern.