ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Award Redemption JFK-TPE-ICN

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by David W, Dec 27, 2017.

1. David W

David W Well-Known Member

I found award space for CI JFK-TPE (in J) and KE TPE-ICN (in Y) but it only shows when I search by segment. Can I call Delta to add the short leg or have them try to put together the ticket?

I have the same issue on the return as well, flights showing up available separately but not an option when searching JFK-ICN.

Thanks!

2. MidSouth Skier

MidSouth Skier Well-Known Member

I'd certainly give it a shot as you've got nothing to lose.

3. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

Agreed. Or book the long leg and then call to add the short leg--I've had success with that in the past.

4. kpottermn

kpottermn New Member

It will likely depend 100% on the agent, and they may try to charge you separately for each segment rather than put together an entire itinerary. I would stress that you need these particular flights, and that they do not show up when you search JFK-ICN but are available searching leg by leg.

If it doesn't work, hang up and call back.