ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Award Redemption KrisFlyer Redemption

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Teguh, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Teguh

Teguh Reader

Hi Lucky,

I was trying to book a united flight from OGG-ORD-CLT on July 31 2019 on Singapore Airlines website and app. It says that it costs 17500 miles O/W, but when I click to select and book the flight, it says 30000 miles+SGD 7.70. When I search OGG-ORD just for curiousity, it shows the correct price of 17500 miles+SGD 7.70. My qustion is, did Singapore Airline change the policy for award tickets on Star Alliance members for flights from the US mainland to Hawaii with connections? If so, why does it originally say that the fare is 17500 miles?

2. Tiffany

Tiffany One Mile At A Time

How long is the connection in Chicago? It sounds like it's breaking the fare, and you're being charged 17.5k for OGG-ORD, and 12.5k for ORD-CLT.

OCTinPHL likes this.