ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Destinations / Itineraries LAX -> SYD on Oneworld

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by TQD, Mar 20, 2017.

1. TQD

TQD Reader

Hello,

My daughter and I are thinking about visiting SYD in September 2017. I would like to buy economy and upgrade with co-pay and miles if possible. Questions:

1. What's the best route to take with a highest chances of getting upgraded?
    2. I've read Lucky's review that the AA 777 service is good so I am fine with flying AA if necessary. Is there a better choice?

Thanks,

TD

2. MidSouth Skier

MidSouth Skier Well-Known Member

TQD, premium cabin space to Australia is so hard to find that the answer may be "whatever route you can find space on". I wouldn't book economy and hope business class opens up - I'd wait to find business class space available.

Also maybe someone else can chime in here - would TQD need to buy Premium Economy in order to use miles to upgrade to Business? Am not sure if AA would only allow "regular" economy to be upgraded to PE and PE upgraded to Business.

Tiffany likes this.
  3. Tiffany

Tiffany One Mile At A Time

You can theoretically upgrade from economy to business, but unless you're an EXP I wouldn't count on the upgrade clearing. That's a really tough route!