ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Lay over question

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Paradise Found, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Paradise Found

Paradise Found New Member

Will be flying into LAX from Zürich Switzerland, with a 16 hour layover continuing to Montana....Will I be able to get my checked luggage during this long of a lay over? Would like to go to a hotel. I'm assuming I will have to got through customs since it is an International flight

2. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

Hi @Paradise Found, welcome. Usually when you enter the US you have get your luggage to clear customs. You can just take it with you and then re-check it when you come back for your connecting flight.

OCTinPHL and MidSouth Skier like this.
  3. Paradise Found

Paradise Found New Member

Thanks for the quick reply...I thought so but was not sure....Happy Travels

4. David W

David W Well-Known Member

In ZRH, you should still make sure that your bag is tagged all the way to Montana. At LAX after immigration there might be a bag drop so that you dont have to think about getting your bag to a different terminal or bag storage (though for a 16 hour layover maybe they wont accept it?)

OCTinPHL likes this.