ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

LifeMiles question

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by FreqTravDaddy, Apr 14, 2019.

1. FreqTravDaddy

FreqTravDaddy New Member

I used LifeMiles to obtain a one way ticket on United. United canceled the flight. LifeMiles refused to return the miles and fees to my account. At first they denied United canceled the flight. I sent a screen shot from United advising me of the cancellation. LifeMiles customer service then said their terms and conditions do not require them to refund the miles. Are they correct in denying me a refund?

2. rickyw

rickyw Well-Known Member

Did you get rebooked on another flight, and the new flight doesn't work with your schedule?

3. FreqTravDaddy

FreqTravDaddy New Member

There was weather that day in Denver, and many flights were canceled. I just did not take the trip.

4. rickyw

rickyw Well-Known Member

If your flight is cancelled by the airline, you should be able to be refunded for any unused portion of the ticket. For example, your trip was Denver to New York, and then back to Denver. So, you could be refunded for the return leg. In your situation, I imagine they don't feel your ticket went unused, because they probably rebooked you on another flight. If you voluntarily declined that option, you should still be able to be refunded.

I'd keep pushing, I feel like you should be refunded.